Meet the Artist - Aga Niemiec
Agnes (Aga) Niemiec is a full time artist/painter primarily interested in representational art. She is a graduate of OCAD University (BFA) and University of Ottawa (B.Ed.). Working primarily with oil paints Agnes is interested in capturing beauty of this world, while synthetizing it with subtle conceptual subtexts and symbolisms.
Her artistic influences include J.W. Waterhouse, Impressionists and Pre-Raphaelites. She has a keen interest in the history and philosophy of visual arts and is a believer in the resurgence of portraiture and representational art vis-à-vis post-modern artistic environment.
Agnes’ has participated in numerous art shows in Toronto and Ottawa area; her work hangs in private collections in Canada, USA and Europe. Agnes is also available for portrait commissions.
• Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition (TOAE), Toronto, QN, 2016
• Festival International Mtl en Arts, Montreal, QC, 2016
• Martintown Historic Mill, Martintown, ON, 2016
• Aga Niemiec Solo, Rosalynn, Rockland, ON, 2016
• Figureworks: Finalist Exhibition, Ottawa, ON, 2015
• Aga Niemiec Solo, The Grand, Martintown, ON, 2015
• La Fab Members Show, La Fab Gallery, Chelsea, QC, 2015
• La Fab Christmas Show, La Fab Gallery, Chelsea, QC, 2014
• The New Art Festival, Ottawa, ON, 2012
• The New Art Festival, Ottawa, ON, 2011
• Kempenfest Outdoor Art Show, Barrie, ON, 2009
• Port Credit Art Show, Mississauga, ON, 2009
• OCAD Graduate Exhibition, Toronto, ON, 2009
• Art at the Distillery: Fine Art Show, Toronto, ON, 2008